MTC Swat Prismatic 12x50 Scope
With its short eye relief, the SWAT Prismatic ‘sits back’ further than any other scope, leaving plenty of mounting rail to allow headache-free attachment of all kinds of Night Vision fittings. Its multi-faceted SCB2 crosshair can also be illuminated at the push of a button, and comes with brightness control to suit all lighting situations.
The field of view from its 50mm front lens is three times more than a conventional scope. Put another way: here we have a 12x magnification scope that has the same field of view as a ‘conventional’ scope dialled into just 4x power.
Just as amazing is the 12×50’s light-gathering credentials. It sucks in more light than any comparable 12x scope, making it a top choice for shooting in low-light situations.
Size-wise, the stacked prismatic lenses of the SWAT 12×50 means it measures up at just 156mm – significantly shorter than, say, MTC’s ever-popular Mamba model (at 370mm).
Complete with MTC’s magnetic flip cover and a cool new mount that features integral tilt adjustment to achieve close to optimum optical zero – before even dialling-in the scope’s turrets – the SWAT
Prismatic is a scope that’s totally unlike any other available in the shooting optics world.
Mamba Prismatic Atom Features
- Short eye relief that gives three times the field of view than a conventional scope with the same size lens
- Glass-etched crosshair: SCB2 reticle design exclusive to MTC Optics
- Edge-to-edge multi-coated lenses: bright, clear picture quality
- Side parallax adjustment: eliminates parallax error and assists in range-finding
- 6-metre minimum focus: suitable for airgun use and ultra-close-range shooting
- Reticle illumination: assists with tricky background and lighting scenarios
- 42mm body tube: more substantial build quality and light transmission
- Fully water, fog and shock proof: increases longevity of the scope
- Nitrogen purged: internal regulation of scope’s high-end performance
- Magnification – 12x
- Objective Lens – 50mm
- FOV @ 100m - 10m
- Diopter Adj – +4/-4
- Eye Relief – 17.3mm
- Parallax Setting – 6m -infinity
- Adj per click – 1 click = 1cm @100m
- Max Windage Adj – 17.45 mrad
- Max Elevation Adj – 17.45 mrad
- Clicks per one turret revolution – 42
- Mils per one turret revolution – 4.2
- Impact point correction in one click @ 100m – 1cm
- Tube – 42mm
- Illuminated reticule with separate on/off and brightness control
- Length – 156mm
- Weight – 460g