CO2 powered air guns, with a power limit of 12ft/lbs, are legal in the UK and can be purchased by anyone over the age of 18.
1) What is the power limit for CO2 air guns in the UK?
CO2 air guns are limited to a power of 12ft/lbs in the UK. This applies to all kinds of air rifle including CO2, break barrel and spring powered, while air pistols are limited to 6ft/lbs.
2) Are there any restrictions on where I can use my CO2 air gun?
You can use your CO2 air gun on private land with the landowners permission. It is also legal to shoot vermin on your own property. You cannot shoot in a public place.
3) Can I purchase a CO2 air gun if I am under the age of 18?
No, you must be 18 years or older to purchase a CO2 air gun in the UK.
4) How do I know if a CO2 air gun is legal where I live?
Each country has different laws regarding air guns. In the UK, CO2 powered air guns are legal as long as they have a power output of 12ft/lbs or less. You can check the laws in your country before purchasing a CO2 air gun.
5) What should I do if I encounter problems while using my CO2 air gun?
If you have any problems with your CO2 air gun, please contact the manufacturer.
6) Are there any specific safety precautions that must be followed when using a CO2 air gun?
There are some safety precautions that should be followed when using any kind of air gun. Always point the gun in a safe direction, and be sure of your target before you shoot. Do not use your air gun if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
7) Can I modify my CO2 air gun to increase its power output?
You could hypothetically use CO2 canisters with greater internal pressure; the pressure dictates the energy with which the pellet is fired. However, you would still legally be limited by the 12ft/lbs power limit.
8) Can I use a scope or other sighting devices with my CO2 air gun?
Yes, you can use a scope or other sighting devices with your CO2 air gun. Scopes can be helpful in increasing accuracy over distance, both because you can see your target better, and because they can help you calculate holdover.
9) Are there any brands of CO2 air guns that are better than others?
There are many different brands of CO2 air guns on the market, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Do some research to find the best CO2 air gun for your needs.
10) Where can I find spare parts and accessories for my CO2 air gun?
Spare parts and accessories for CO2 air guns can be found at most sporting goods stores or online retailers. You may also be able to find them at second-hand stores or through private sellers.
The best place to shop for airguns and air gun accessories, though, is The Wolfman! We stock hundreds upon hundreds of different products that can help you improve your shooting experience. Take a look at our full range today.