Discover a wide range of different kinds of air rifles at The Wolfman, including Break Barrel Air Rifles ideal for backyard plinking, reliable Spring Powered Air rifles, and high-spec CO2 Powered Air Rifles.
If mistreated, or used incorrectly then they may, on a very rare occasion, break or explode. So long as you’re careful with your CO2 cartridges, you don’t have anything to worry about.
1) What are the risks associated with using CO2 cartridges?
There are certain small risks associated with CO2 cartridges. The key risk is that of explosion. If a CO2 cartridge explodes, the shards of metal can act like shrapnel and cause serious damage. It is therefore vital that you store your CO2 cartridges safely, minimise the risk of fire around them, and handle them safely when using them.
2) What should I do if a CO2 cartridge explodes?
If a CO2 cartridge does explode, the first thing you should do is to get away from the area where it exploded. Then, call the emergency services and inform them of the incident. Once you are safe, try to assess any damage that may have been caused by the explosion.
3) Can CO2 cartridges cause fires?
CO2 is highly inert under most circumstances. It therefore will not cause a fire as a gas like oxygen might.
4) What should I do if I get CO2 on my skin?
This is not a problem. CO2 is not harmful to skin.
5) How can I avoid potential accidents with CO2 cartridges?
There are a few simple steps you can take to avoid potential accidents with CO2 cartridges:
– Store them in a safe place, away from any sources of heat or anything that might pierce or break them
– Do not handle them roughly – treat them with care
– Follow the instructions that came with your CO2 cartridge
Follow these guidelines and you should be fine.